WatchGuard leads the way in key security markets…July 9 - 11am
WatchGuard Technologies has been identified as a leader in three categories of Unified Threat Management and Next Generation Firewall, cementing the company’s position within the industry.
According to Frost & Sullivan’s recent 2014 Global Analysis of UTM and NGFW, the categories where WatchGuard outperformed other vendors include: Management and Usability, Flexibility, and Value. WatchGuard was also noted in the areas of Performance and Scalability, and Roadmap.
“WatchGuard is an established competitor in the UTM and NGFW market with a legacy of demonstrating an ongoing commitment to product development,” says sChris Rodriguez, senior industry analyst for network security at Frost & Sullivan and report author.
“Their product strategy focuses on visibility, performance and integration of best-of-breed technologies that are simple to use and provide great value.”
In its report, Frost & Sullivan highlights specific product and solution benefits that illustrate how WatchGuard achieved its leadership position.
• WatchGuard Dimension’s ability to pinpoint security and performance issues streamlines management and usability.
• The flexibility of WatchGuard’s platform allows integration of only the desired security functionality for increased efficiency and ease of use.
• The consolidation of leading security technologies from best-of-breed providers onto the Fireware® platform delivers exceptional value to users.
• Tuning the platform for optimal use of commercial hardware, such as Intel processors, improves packet processing and enables increased performance and scalability of the platform.
• A roadmap with significant future improvements around Fireware® and other security technologies shows WatchGuard’s continued commitment to product development.
“Our customers are looking for more functionality from their security appliances, while simultaneously searching for technologies that can help protect their organisations from new advanced threats,” adds Dave R. Taylor, vice president of corporate and product strategy at WatchGuard Technologies.
“When you combine our hardware, firmware and best-of-breed services, complemented with new management tools and capabilities, WatchGuard delivers unparalleled visibility, flexibility and security for today’s businesses.
“We’re excited Frost & Sullivan recognizes the value of this approach.”