Mana Party meets with Kim Dotcom, but nothing more…March 25 - 1pm
Mana Party leader Hone Harawira has revealed he recently met with Internet Party leader Kim Dotcom, but insists nothing more should be made of the discussions.
“Last year I was invited to meet with Kim Dotcom, but I declined because I didn’t want to get swamped by the Labour, Greens and NZ First pilgrimages to the mansion,” says Hone Harawira, MANA Leader and MP for Te Tai Tokerau.
“But when the invitation was extended again earlier this year I decided to accept, but not at Coatesville. I met with Dotcom at my mates place on the Shore where we discussed a number of issues:
· How much we both dislike the way John Key has allowed NZ’s intelligence services to be used as pawns by American big business against a New Zealand resident;
· How much we both dislike John Key’s cavalier dismissal of the rights of ordinary New Zealanders;
· How well things are going in the Bundesliga;
· How bleak NZ’s future under National will look if John Key keeps floggin’ off our key assets;
· What MANA would like to see in a positive future for Aotearoa;
· What Dotcom might want to see happen in Aotearoa; and
· What wonderful beaches we have in Aotearoa.
“We clearly have common interests, but for the record, I didn’t ask him to fund MANA, and he didn’t offer to either,” Harawira adds.
“I didn’t ask him to join MANA, and he didn’t ask me to join his party. I haven’t spoken publicly about the meeting because I haven’t yet spoken with the MANA Exec about it. That’s set for later this week.
“There are no further meetings planned.”